cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trouble w/ 7970 sets

j.magee
Level 1
Level 1

We have 3 different sets 1- 7970, 1-7960 and 1-7940. Each is configured exactly the same (CSS, partitions and the like),Maximum Number of Calls is set to 4, Busy Trigger is set to 1, as we want incoming calls to ring Line 1 and if busy, Forward busy to line 2…Now here is my problem you answer a call on the 7970 and the second call to that extension goes to VM , no indication that there was a second call (visual or Call waiting)…The 7960 and 7940 work fine place a call to the extension, answer, second call rolls to the second line….CCM 4.1(3) ….BUG???

2 Replies 2

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Busy trigger of 1 disables call waiting.

If you want Line 1 (when busy) to forward to line 2, you will need to set Line 2's number in the CFB field, and also set the CSS right next to it, which should have access to the partition of Line2.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Hello

You are correct, Busy trigger of 1 disables call waiting…On line 1, I have configured Forward Busy for both Internal and External to point to Line 2…FNA to go to VM…Line 2 both Forward Busy, Internal and External and FNA to VM….CSS is cool as this config works on the 7960’s and 7940…I am puzzled