cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trouble with adding subscriber

MarkMonteleone
Level 1
Level 1

Have a subscriber server with 4.0(1) disks. These are the disks that I orignally built the publisher.

I have since upgraded the publisher to 4.1.3sr3. When I went to install CCM Su from the disks that I have, it gives error 1603 and says something about mismatch. Assuming that it was wanted newer version of install, I tried to run the 4.1.3 upgrade exe, but that said it was only for upgrade.

Any idea's how to move this install along?

10 Replies 10

anup.anand
Level 5
Level 5

The problem could be because of the SR3 on the Publisher.

Here is what you would need to do.

1. Uninstall SR3 from Pub. So it will be at 4.1.3

2. Upgrade Sub to 4.1.3

3. Install SR3 on Pub

4. Install SR3 on Sub

Regards,

Anup

So uninstall the sr3 on pub, install sub as 4.0(1) and upgrade to 4.1(3)?

Yes, and then apply the SR. First on Pub, then on Sub.

Regards,

Anup

wow, feel all sorts of strange removing that patch.

Is this the only way?

That seems to be the only way here. Removing the patch is fine, shouldn't create any trouble.

To be in the safe side, if you have mirrored drives you may want to take out one drive before removing the patch.

Regards,

Anup

Good suggestion, question is, does removing the patch affect the database. What is the process of backuping the db?

I am not sure, but I think it does.

You can use the BARS tool to backup the database. Check this link for more details on BARS.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_book09186a00805e62af.html

Regards,

Anup

I have ran into this problem several times, and every time i have had to rollback service release and make the subscriber on par with the publisher, before applying the service release. When you rollback, the database does get downgraded (Patches, bug fixes etc that the Service release updated will be rolled back). No harm there though. To be on safer side, if the server supports drive removal, pull one out as backup, or else use an imaging tool to image the publisher before rolling back the service release.

HTH

Sankar

PS: plese remember to rate all posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Hate to make this a big deal, but if I were to rollback the service release of Sr3 and it just had the core install, that would be 4.1.3 which would still make a mismatch. Because the orignal install disks are 4.0.1

So I am thinking based on your line of thinking that I have to get a set of 4.1.3 disks to build the subscriber, which is kinda stupid. Do you agree that just taking the service release 3 off the 4.1.3sr3 will just leave me with 4.1.3 and hence a huge difference that 4.0.1?

Mark,

I am sorry if I misunderstood how your existing setup is. Let me ask you this.

Do you have a subscriber server which has 4.01 version installed ?

or

Is it that you have 4.01 disks, and no subscriber built yet, but want to build one from scratch?

How did you upgrade the Publisher server (which was at 4.01) to 4.13 ?

a. Did you use 4.13 disks (which you dont have now)

b. Did you use the web upgrade file downloadeable from CCO , to upgrade to 4.12 and then another downloadeable file which upgrades 4.12 to 4.13 ?

There is no direct upgrade path from 4.01 to 4.13, and since your publisher is already built at 4.13, the easiest way to perform this upgrade is to get the 4.13 disks set (You can order this through PUT if you have smartnet).

HTH

Sankar.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus