Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubles installing CRA

Hi!

I'm having troubles installing CRA-2-2-2. The trouble is, that none of the product keys is valid?? I read that they were wrong in version 2-1-2 but nothing on 2-2-2. The keys in the Administrator guide don't work for me. I'm trying to install CRA on a separate server (not the CM server).

Help, please! :)

9 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Troubles installing CRA

Hi,

I had the same problem, local cisco SE said he doesnt believe its possible to install CRA on a 'dedicated' server. CM must be installed first anyway. I gave up and did it in that way.

Hope you will be more lucky than me :)

Hi!

Well, the documentation says it is possible to install CRA on a dedicated server.

I hope I can install it somehow, because CRA won't install on a domain controller (where CM is installed :().

Silver

Well,it does ...but if you read better the same document you 'll see they ask you to install CCM 3.1 first anyway.Good luck :))

It should run on its own server. It is designed to do that. I am having a issue with the DC directory talking and putting the jtapi engine in service. Do not change your design and give in. Make TAC help you with it to get it working. Resource hogs running 3.1 with some of the services. My problem is just jtapi all of the other engines are in-service. Re- queue the case if the Tech is not helping. I had one Tech tell me to RMA two 6608 blades because two ports on each would not register as CFB ports. Re-queued the case and the next tech fixed tham without RMA. Load it on its own server and call TAC for help.

Cisco IP Interactive Voice Response (Cisco IP IVR)

KARB KEGB FDYR OVYW

Cisco IP Integrated Contact Distribution (Cisco IP ICD)

LQKF AEXK EZZW ZHBU

Cisco CallManager Extension Mobility

OAHN LBRL XMMG DCFU

Cisco Customer Response Applications Developer's Kit (Cisco CRA SDK)

QVRD BUTQ GNCJ HFCM

Well, I spent a while listing problems I had installing CRA and what I did to fix them, but the stupid thing timed out when I submitted the reply and lost almost everything. It ended posting a silly list of keys.

Here a condensed response

I got CRA working on its own server. Here is what I did and problems I had:

CRA platform: Compaq Proliant320 (MCS 7825 equivalent)

CRA version: I installed 2.2.1 from CD, then immediately before configuring 2.2.1 I upgraded to 2.2.2

Call Manager platform: Compaq Proliant320

CCM version: 3.1.2c

For the CRA MCS OS installation key, I used this one:

FVHD IAZA ROFJ DERJ

(this will say you can't install anything, thats okay)

CRA setup:

Keys I used (from admin manual)

Cisco IP Interactive Voice Response (Cisco IP IVR)

KARB KEGB FDYR OVYW

Cisco IP Integrated Contact Distribution (Cisco IP ICD)

LQKF AEXK EZZW ZHBU

Cisco CallManager Extension Mobility

OAHN LBRL XMMG DCFU

Cisco Customer Response Applications Developer's Kit (Cisco CRA SDK)

QVRD BUTQ GNCJ HFCM

When it asks for CCM name, use the windows host name, not the ip address. There is a bug for CRA that says you screw up CRA if you use the CCM ip address instead of the host name.

For initial setup of AppAdmin IIS timed out installing scripts or something. I increased the timeout length in IIS and it solved the problem. Specifically, go to computer admin, go to iis, open default web site, right click on AppAdmin and click on properties, under Application Settings click on "Configuration...", click on App Options, set ASP Script timeout to desired length, apply and set the child object AppAdmin to inherit timeout length if it asks you if you want to do that. Restart iis.

Directory setup:

Set directory hostname to windows host name of your ccm, not the ip address

set the directory password to the one you set for the CCM directory.

make up a name for the configuration profile

JTAPI setup

Make sure you made a user on the call manager that has a cti route point and cti ports designated to it. There is no primary extension for these designations

I installed the jtapi client on the CRA server from the CCM plugins page.

JTAPI provider: ip address of ccm

userid: name of ccm user

password: password of ccm user

This got me around all the problems I had, and CRA is up and purring nicely right now. But who knows? Tomorrow is another day.

Well, it seems that it worked OK for you. But I cannot go from the point where I have to enter the product keys. I've tried everything and some combinations. It is strange. I can not put it on the CM machine, because it is PDC. I gave up for the moment, because it was a test setup, just for verification of functionality. I guess I'll just have to trust the feature list :(((.

Also: is it TAC supported, to install IVR, ICD, AA and Unity on a single server?

Are you getting an error message about the server not being the correct type of server? If your server is a PDC I'm guessing you are using NT 4.0 (Win2K AD does not have "PDC's", only GC's, DC's, FSMO Servers, etc.) I highly doubt CRA will install on NT 4.0. I've installed CRA 2.1 to current many times, and I've always needed to use the Cisco CallManager Win2K CD. Install CRA from CD, then upgrade to whatever version you download. CD Keys from different versions don't appear to work even if you are enabling the same features (ICD, IVR, AA, Extension Mobility, etc.) Check Cisco's site for the Installation document for whatever version you are installing. I've always found the correct Key's in that document. Hope this helps.

FYI - CM is NOT required on the same server. CM IS a required component however (for call processing).

Hi!

No, I'm getting the message that the keys are not right. Anyways, I've tried installing on W2k win AD (won't install, because it's a DC). I've tried installing on W2k w/o AD, and the product keys are not right. What could be wrong is, that the OS wasn't installed from Cisco CDs, but from some other CDs...

Best regards,

Miha.

ps: I will leave the testing for now and will try to install all the software from null on one machine.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content