Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubleshoot Unity 4.0(1) failover

We have a Primary Unity box 4.0(1) which fails over to the secondary once a week. The call manager logs show that the Primary Unity stops answering calls yet the only message on the Unity box(commserver logs) shows that the Secondary Unity box has become active. What steps can be taken to find the reason for failover? Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES
Gold

Re: Troubleshoot Unity 4.0(1) failover

There should be something in the application log. Have you had a chance to look at this URL?

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/unity_failover_failback.html

Thanks,

Keith

Chances are you have calls coming in on a port on the failover server. You will see an eventlog message

You will see one like this, from CiscoUnity_Miu:

Port 7 has detected an incoming call. This system is in inactive mode and is configured to fail over in this condition. Fail over to this system will occur, and the call will be answered.

Thanks to both of you for your help.

What I am getting is a "1048" on the primary Unity and "1047 and "1050" on the failover machine. According to the Cisco doc this means "Active primary server with bad port that triggers failover". Being that this is a Call Manager only integration does this point to a TSP problem? I've gone through the Call Manager logs and it seems this occurred while an outside caller was transferred to somone's voice mail. No direct dialing of a port on the failover server. Should I be trouble shooting a port problem?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content