cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Troubleshooting a PRI channel

bbenner
Level 1
Level 1

2811 on 12.4(3c), MGCP w/ CCM 4.0(2a)SR2b. My PRI dropped for 2 minutes yesterday and when it came back up, incoming calls resulted in reorder. Q931 debugs showed the call presenting to the router, but the router was dropping the call immediately, sending a Temp failure code (I didn't capture the output). The behavior has been fixed by having telco remove the offending channel from the hunt group.

I'll reload the router tonight, but what are the possiblities? The T1 controller card is damaged? What further troubleshooting can be done?

Thank you,

Beau

2 Replies 2

mcnerney
Level 4
Level 4

Beau

My guess is that all you should have to do is reboot the router. Sometimes a channel will get confused and need to be bounced. My CCM is behind a Nortel SL-100 so I use the PBX commands to bounce a channel if needed. The telco should have been able to do that for you. There might be an IOS command that would allow you to do the same thing (busy the channel then return to service).

Larry

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Beau,

I would check DSP integrity in the router

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: