Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Trunk between Callmanger 3.3.x and CME 3.4

I´ve a Callmanager 3.3 on the one side and a Callmanager Express on the other side.

I´ve configured a Intercluster Trunk between both systems as it is described in the Callmanager Express System Administration Guide.

When I start a call from a phone connected to the CME to a phone connected to the CCM everything works always as it should.

When I start a call from a phone connected to a Callmanager to the CME site I have 3 different situations: 1. sometimes the call setup is successfull and every thing works fine. 2. sometimes the callsetup is successfull but I´ve one way voice from CCM phone to CME phone

3. sometimes the call setup is not successfull. It rings twice on the CME-Phone and then the call setup fails.

Thanx for any idea,

Geri

3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Trunk between Callmanger 3.3.x and CME 3.4

Bind the H.323 Signaling to a Specific IP Address on Cisco IOS Gateway/Routers

When the Cisco IOS gateway has multiple active IP interfaces, some of the H.323 signaling may be sourced from one IP address and other parts of it may reference a different source addresses. This can generate various kinds of problems, one of them being one-way audio.

To get around this problem, the H.323 signaling can be bound to a specific source address, which can belong to a physical or virtual interface (loopback). The command syntax to use under the interface configuration mode is h323-gateway voip bind srcaddr . Configure this command under the interface with the IP address that the Cisco CallManager points to.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk698/technologies_tech_note09186a008009484b.shtml

hello Geri ,

2 days ago i was able to install CME 3.4 on cisco 2610XM. I am connecting Cisco SIP Phones to it and running the CME in SIP Mode. My next Step is to make Trunk between the CME and Cisco Callmanager 3.3.X ...I digged around but yet did not pass by any Documentation that describes such requirements.

I appreciate your help if you could pass to me the Documentation Link you used to configure the Trunk.

Regards

M.Tag

Hallo,

I have similar problem, call setup is ok once, then call setup fails.

Sometimes if I reset trunk in CCM I am successfull again , but most times connection from CCM to CME doesnt work, the other direction is always ok, do you find a solution for the problem ?

br

Michael

Views
Helpful
Replies