Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Trunk Communications between CallManager Clusters

Hello,

Does anyone know of a way to connect 2 CallManager clusters together so that phones from 1 cluster can call phones on the other cluster and do it without creating route patterns? I wold love it if the server cold somehow be aware of the other servers database and just route the calls accordingly

All replies rated!

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Blue

Re: Trunk Communications between CallManager Clusters

sorry, only an ICT with appropriate routePattern can tell call manager where to send a call.

perhaps you can summarize the patterns in the other cluster. ie: 2XXX

i have the same scenario here except all the DNs on the other cluster are not contiguous and share the same range. i have a couple hundred extra routePatterns just for ICT calls....arg

3 REPLIES
Blue

sorry, only an ICT with appropriate routePattern can tell call manager where to send a call.

perhaps you can summarize the patterns in the other cluster. ie: 2XXX

i have the same scenario here except all the DNs on the other cluster are not contiguous and share the same range. i have a couple hundred extra routePatterns just for ICT calls....arg

Thanks. I didn't think it was possible but thought I would throw it out there and see what happened. I have the same deal. non-contiguous number ranges. What a pain. I will have a few hundred route patterns as well. Thanks for your help!

Hey Cisco, since Call Manager is THE platform for IP telephony in businesses how about getting us a resolution to this issue? As CM gets a wider install base it is only going to happen more and more.

Have you tried to configure InterCluster Trunk?

Device>Trunk, and maybe using GK or not, yo may be able to add the ip addresses of the remote cluster, and vice versa.

But anyway every route must be entered using the intercluster trunk as a GW.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content