Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Trunk Dropping

Hello. I have configured a VOIP trunk connection over frame relay. I am having a problem with the trunk connection dropping every few minutes. Also it seems that they will not connect unless I use VAD. I would prefer not to use VAD as I only will have about 10 calls at once and I am getting allot of clipped speech in the beginning of calls and after brief moments of silence.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Will

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Trunk Dropping

take a look at the referred doc, which could give you some ideas on troubleshooting, also check if it is a known problem in the bugtool kit.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1835/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080080b59.html#68803

Silver

Re: Trunk Dropping

Would need to see the full configs and version of code running on both sides to confirm if the router has been configured correctly, but possible cause may be not enough bandwidth for the total number of calls being passed. One suggestion - use VAD on the VOIP dial peers (default setting) but in main config mode add the command 'voice vad-timeout 10000' . This will make VAD kick in only after a 10000 msec (10 second) period of silence, so normal calls passing speech will be fine, but trunked calls without any audio will stop sending 'empty' packets after the timeout.

Views
Helpful
Replies