Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Trunk to trunk transfer

I need help:

Environment: CCM 3.2.2a

This security hole was discovered during one of our VoIP Customer training sessions. Is there a service parm, routing configuration, or gateway statement that can be set that will not allow this?

1) Established 3-way conference from my VoIP phone to two local cell phones. Hung up VoIP phone. Two cell phones continued talking.

2) Established 3-way conference from my VoIP phone to two long distance parties. Hung up VoIP phone. Two guys in Washington State continued to talk to each other.

3) Inbound call to my VoIP phone from cell phone. I answered and transferred it to another cell phone. Transfer completed.

Essentially we want any GW call(s) bridged through a VOIP station to be dropped if that VOIP station leaves the call!

Additionally, what is the impact on CDR? What is the impact on our PRI gateways?? Do we end up looping through the gateway and not writing CDR anywhere?

Thank you - brianl@psu.edu

1 REPLY
Blue

Re: Trunk to trunk transfer

Unfortunately there is you cannot inhibit trunk to trunk transfers. I believe this functionality will be available in CM 4.X. You can place a restriction on CallForwards but Transfer uses the CSS of the phone. In CM 4.X I think you be able to use a different CSS for transfers. As far as Conferencing or Meet Me...the conference or meet me ends when the last person hangs up, not when the host hangs up. Not sure how to get around this one.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content