Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Trying to set an emergency number

Hi,

We have to set an emergency number that work follows:

There are three different parties who should attend the call at the same time. Let say, we have Emergency center, Security and the clinic. When there is an emergency the user will dial the emergency number and all of the parties (emergency team, security and clinic) should attend the call and participate in the conversation.

I tried to do it by using the shared line but it doesn't work because the first one who goes off hock will take the call and the others will not be there.

We did it before in our PABX as parallel lines and now we want to stop our PABX.

We have CCM 4.1

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

Umar Al-Juhani

3 REPLIES

Re: Trying to set an emergency number

It sounds as if you need a conferencing solution and probably with some sort of password... The easiest way to do it would be for the first person on the bridge to initiaite a Meetme confrerence with predertermined DN and then all others just dialing in. You may want to look into something more advanced then that based on your requirements... Maybe Meetingplace. -Adam

The only option I can think of off the top of my head would be similar to the way paging is handled with some of the services out there and do it via a custom service. You can have the phones dialed via CTI from a central server, you should be able to have a meet me set up that is monitored and launch the calls as soon as a phone has dialed into that extension.

Hi

Thank you for your replay

Actually, I open a TAC with cisco and they came back to me with the answer.

Here is the answer:

===============

Hi Umar,

The feature you are looking for is called BARGE and PRIVACY and more specifically you will be using CBARGE.

Information regarding this feature is in the link below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803f3a86.html

So basically for this to work make the following changes on all three phones to make it work,

Got to device and find the phone

Set the built in bridge to on

Set the Privacy to off

Check the softkey template you have assigned to the phone.

Then go to device-->device settings and softkey template and find that softkey template.

Once you find that softkey template on the right , click configure softkey template configuration.

Then on the left pick the remote in use call state and make sure the cbarge softley is present in the selected softkeys.

Otherwise just please assign the standard user barge softkey template to the three phones

Then test this and let me know if this works.

Kind Regards

Sahil

========

Thank You all and Best Regards,

Umar

Views
Helpful
Replies