Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TSP 6.01 re-install fix registry settings

We have a system running 3.13 Unity and TSP 3.01. We originally installed the system with a dual-int licence but only single CCM int was required. Two switches came up in Unity and we could not assign any ports to the TAPI CCM switch. After we changed the dongle to single integration, we were then able to allocate ports to the CCM switch. And all worked fine for about an hour.<br>Now we have MWI not working.<br>This is not a normal MWI issue, as Unity is not dialling the MWI on a new message as seen from Port monitor. We have 8 ports IP. <br>From the event log, it appears to fail dialling out with "no port available".<br>In the registry, it appears we still have two switches, Switch 0 and 1. All normal Unified messaging is working fine. Only MWI and ring your phone from your email to hear your messages is not working.<br>TAC has advised to re-install TSP, which has not been done after the key was changed.<br>I would like to find out, if the un-install and re-install will also fix up the registry settings and thus fix the issue ?<br>I am also still trying to work out why this problem only came about after an hour or so of operation ? May never know that one.<br><br>Any ideas would be great.<br><br>

4 REPLIES

Re: TSP 6.01 re-install fix registry settings

The MWI is dialed for the switch based on the setting of the subscribers. You probably have the switch 1(second one) as IP. But all the subscribers are probably sitting on the first switch (switch 0). When Unity gets a notification to turn on the MWI, it sees which switch a subscriber is on. Then based on that, it tries to light the lamps on the right switch.
This is easy to test. Check the switch on one of the subscribers. See if changin it helps.
You can use BulkEdit to update the whole data base to make sure all the subscribers and also their templates point to the right switch.

Anil Verma
Cisco Systems
anilve@cisco.com

Anonymous
N/A

Will do. I have checked and you are correct. I will change them over and let you know how it goes.
Thanks

Anonymous
N/A

OK, we changed all the users over and we still do not have MWI. We are still getting errors in the event log saying that it is trying to use switch 1 to light MWI. Even though I double-checked all users have been changed to switch 0 in the doh.

Any ideas ?

Anonymous
N/A

If it's saying it's using switch 1, there must be one or more users still assigned to switch 1 for their MWI device. There's actually several spots the switch assignement is done in the DOH... one on the primary call handler, one on the mail user itself, one each for all the phone notificaiton devices (i.e. so you can have a subscriber on an IP phone but do pager dialouts off a PBX) and one on the MWI device.

If you change the switch assignment on the subscriber via the SA or the BulkEdit utility it should change it on the mail user, call handler and MWI devices collection. How are you changing this? How are you checking it?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content