Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

TSP and Centralized CCM's

We plan to have a centralized CCM cluster in one region with distributed Unity Server for Unified Messaging. For example two CCM's in New York and Unified messaging in Atalanta integrating within the same exchange site, etc. etc. My concern is the TSP registration over a WAN link with CallManger. Are there any issues????<br><br>Thanks<br><br>

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
3 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: TSP and Centralized CCM's

As with any network application, you are going to have to provision enough bandwidth. Unity and the TSP are ignorant to the fact if CCM is on another subnet, in another campus building, or half way across the country.

From a design standpoint, it seems a little curious that every single direct and forwarded call to Unity will traverse the WAN. Seems kinda bandwidth expensive at first look.

Remember, Unity 2.4.6 can only support connecting to a single CallManager cluster.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

The design is a little more complex than that. I was specifically trying to eliminate any problems with the TSP registering over a WAN link. I wanted the Exchange Messaging to take place on the same local network, however, CCM's will be in one central location...

Anonymous
N/A

The TSP is going to register across the WAN link just like IP phones will. If IP phones can do it, so should the TSP.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.