Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

TSP and Terminal Server

Hi,

I need to install TSP on a terminal server. But I found myself in front of a big problem: only one user configurable. Obviously I uses terminal server to let many users connecting to it. I search through this forum and I found this message in which the writer has the same problem:

"I wanted to know if it is possible in any release of the Cicso TSP to be able to dial from Outlook within a Citrix environment. My guess is "no" since you configure the TSP with a username and password in the phone and modem options which I don't believe is user-specific. It would have to apply to the whole Terminal Server which does me no good since I'll have multiple users each with a different username from Callmanager's point of view. If anyone can confirm or deny my guess, I'd be greatly appreciative."

But he has no answer. does anyone know if this kind of installation and configuration is possible or not??

Thanks to all

Regards

Nicola

2 REPLIES

Re: TSP and Terminal Server

Nicola,

I have not tried this, but I would be interested in knowing if it would work.

When you install the TSP, you are asked if you would like multiple instances. My guess would be that there should be some way installing a seperate instance of the TSP for each TS user (perhaps in their "Home Directory".

If anyone can confirm this approach I would appreciate it.

--Brian

Re: TSP and Terminal Server

Installing multiple versions of the TSP (and you can only install 10 instances) will give you multi-user access but not in a true, user-profile manner.

The multiple tsp approach will give all users who have access to the server, access to all numbers/user accounts configured in the TSP configuration under phone and modem options.

some options are profile specific. like the dialing options within outlook, are user specific but without the phone and modem options as part of a user profile this is useless.

Andrew

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content