Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TSP - Outlook Profile

We run a Citrix environment and I've got Outlook Dialing working using Cisco TSP. I created a user with all phones associated so that the device settings would stick for each user.

Does anyone know where the profile info is stored once it is configured? For example, we have 7 terminal servers which users randomly login to. If I specify which line to use for Outlook Dialing, it will work on that server, but not the other 6.

I'm looking for a quick way to edit or replicate that info without having to login each user into all 7 servers in order for their settings to stick.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bronze

Re: TSP - Outlook Profile

The info should be stored in user profile. Try copying it to other server and see if it works. Right-click My Computer -> Properties -> User Profiles-> Select profile-> Copy To

10 REPLIES
Bronze

The info should be stored in user profile. Try copying it to other server and see if it works. Right-click My Computer -> Properties -> User Profiles-> Select profile-> Copy To

Thanks. I was actually testing with an account that used a local profile as opposed to our users who have roaming, so thanks to your response I realized I won't even have to copy them and the settings do travel with the profile. Good news and thanks again.

This is interesting. I have a question about what you had to do to get the TSP and Outlook functionality to work. I have loaded the TSP on a PC but every time I try to dial a contact Outlook indicates, after about 5 seconds, that another application is using the device and that I should try again later.

Have you run into this in your quest to get the dialing functionality to work?

Do you have the correct device selected? Verified by MAC address?

If you are referring to the IP phone's MAC then yes. I just installed a brand new 7971 color phone at my desk and have associated it with my user account in Call Manager. I also have IP communicator MACs (which are really desktop computers) associated with my account in CCM.

OK, but did you tell Outlook to use it? Right click on a contact and choose "Call Contact", Click "Dialing Options". At the bottom, what does "Connect Using Line" say?

OK, but did you tell Outlook to use it? Right click on a contact and choose "Call Contact", Click "Dialing Options". At the bottom, what does "Connect Using Line" say?

Oh yes, definitely. After choosing a contact to call I have selected the CCM line associated to my phone's MAC and my telephone extension.

The connect line using drop down list is specifically set at:

"Cisco Line: [SEP0015C696DD75] (16261)"

It sounds like TSP is using the wrong audio device if it sees your phone but never sends the call to it. Did you follow the instructions for installing the Cisco Wave drivers? I attached the readme file in case you don't have a copy.

I would also recommend turning the Trace on and checking that. You can find that under Phone and Modem Options in Control Panel and go to Configure on the CiscoTSPxxx entry.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content