cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TSP/Outlook won't work!!

jromero
Level 1
Level 1

i get the following error in Outlook when trying to dail from outlook using TSP 3.2 anc callmanager 3.2

"Another program is using the selected telephony device. Try again after the program is finished."

TRP/outlook is not supported by TAC and they dont recommend using newer versions just the one that came with the Call Manager. it happens on windows 2000 and 98- at times it will work on the first call made then wont work at all- HELP

jromero@gjb-law.com

9 Replies 9

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

If you find the issue please post it. I am having the same exact issue.

trailman73
Level 4
Level 4

did you hardcode your extension, password, and ccm ip address in the TSP properties in modems under control pannel? Do you see the line in outlook that you can choose to call from?

Geoff

Yup. All is configured correctly. I am able to select the line from the drop down box in Outlook. I select the line, attempt to make a call and I get the error specified above.

YES it will dial the FIRST time but then the next 9 out of 10 times it WONT work just give that error. the first time it dials fine.

okay, so it is not releasing the line. how many instances of TSP did you install? i use 5, and have not had any problems.

Geoff

yes tried with 1- 5 - 10 same message also have tried TSP versions - 1 up and one down those are not compatible.

paul.harrison
Level 4
Level 4

Try starting phone dialer first. Especially with win 98.

Win 2k normally doesn't have as big a problem, are you using outlook 98, this was very buggy. I've only ever had this problem with Win 98.

Phone dialer is a very good way of testing the TAPI line, if it's listed the TSP is working correctly if it isn't then the username or password (or both) is wrong.

If the TAPI works in Phone dialer then leave it open and try Outlook again. This should work. Try closing phone dialer and then using outlook this should fail, proving the requirement for phone dialer.

The error message you are getting is very confusing as outlook is saying something else is using the line when the reality is nothing is using the line and that's outlook sproblem, it needs something else to initialise the line so it can piggyback on it.

Paul

HEY it works FINE when phone dialer is open- as soon as i close it outlook goes back to giving me the error- now HOW do i get it to work from out looks??!! what does this mean??

OK,

now I know you are using Win98 and unfortunately you HAVE to have phone dialer open as well. There isn't a choice.

Win2K it shouldn't be a problem, but Win 98 (and 95) didn't handle TAPI roperly and you need a phone application open to make phone calls, outlook can't do it on it's own. run Phone dialer minimised and outlook should be able to make calls.

Paul