cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TSP will not update Wave Driver.

JeffG1
Level 3
Level 3

I upgraded my TSP and it broke the Wave driver. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times but I cannot get the TSP install to reinstall the wave driver. Is there a way to manually remove and install the wave driver?

6 Replies 6

JeffG1
Level 3
Level 3

I have added the TSP driver for Callmanager PBX and it will not work also. I get the same error on it. When I look at the driver in Device manager and doubel clik cit, I get an error that it cannot load the file avaudio32.dll. I have check this dll is in the c:\winnt\system32 folder. I have replaced it many times with a fresh copy. I have gone through the registry and remove all refrences to the avaudio and tsp and reinstalled it and still the same problem.

hello .

i noticed, that the wave-driver sometimes registers more than once. so you have to get rid of ALL wavedriver-registrations first, then reboot, then install and reboot again, this should work...

gerhard

So how do you get red of all of the wave driver registrations - I don't see any others out there....

Gerri

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Every time I have seen this problem, what has always fixed it is to follow these steps:

- Stop Unity

- Go to Add/Remove Programs and uninstall the TSP

- Reboot

- Stop Unity

- Install the new TSP

- Test the new TSP after configuration and make sure test is successful

- Reboot

Voila, should work now. At least it has for me the several times I have seen this.

Just make sure you are installing the TSP on the real console, not through terminal services - it won't work properly through WTS.

jmessina
Level 1
Level 1

the way i resolved a similar isue was to uninstall, reboot, and then reinstall and reboot again And yes the TSP will fail if test is via RDP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: