Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

TTS is not working

I have installed Unity 3.1.4 (Unified Messaging) with Call Manager 3.2.2c some time ago and TTS was working well, until now that subscribers can't hear their e-mails through the phone. UNITY notifies the subscribers of new e-mail messages, but they don't hear anything, and when the TTS is in use the Event viewer, over the sourceAvTTS_MC, gives this warning:

"No provider found for language ESO and speaker."

My license key has the TTS vendors : L&H 3000 enabled.

Default Phone Language: Spanish (Colombia)

Default Text-to-Speech Language: Spanish (Spain)

Default GUI Language: Spanish (Colombia)

And under the regedit HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Active Voice\TTS is shown:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Active Voice\TTS\1.0]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Active Voice\TTS\1.0\Initialization]

"DefaultProvider"="LnH"

"DefaultLanguage"="ENU"

"DefaultPitch"=dword:00000028

"DefaultSpeed"=dword:00000050

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Active Voice\TTS\1.0\Initialization\DefaultSpeakers]

"NLD"="Alexander"

"ENU"="Michael"

"FRA"="Pierre"

"DEU"="Stefan"

"ITA"="Stefano"

"JPN"="Kenji"

"KOR"="Jun-Ho"

"CHS"="Dawei"

"ESM"="Ricardo"

"RUS"="Boris"

"ESP"="Julio"

"ENG"="Peter"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Active Voice\TTS\1.0\Providers]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Active Voice\TTS\1.0\Providers\LnH]

"Name"="Lernhout & Hauspie Speech Products"

"CLSID"="{C3A3AAA8-65F5-11D2-9797-00C04F8D8B66}"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Active Voice\TTS\1.0\Providers\RealSpeak]

"Name"="Lernhout & Hauspie Speech Products - RealSpeak"

"CLSID"="{14A26FD2-FEC3-11D3-A105-00C04F2B5734}"

Do you have any idea about why it isn't working?

3 REPLIES

Re: TTS is not working

Does this system also have ESP (European Spanish) installed? Or just ESO?

And just to confirm, the Default TTS language on the System/Configuration/Phone Languages page of the SA to "Spanish (Traditional)" right? Has that changed recently?

Michael Kale, mkale@cisco.com

No, this system has only ESO installed.

And the default TTS language on the System/Configuration/Phone Languages page of the SA is set to Spanish (Colombia). But when I installed UNITY I put Spanish (Spain) under the TTS text box; and it was working; and it hasn't been changed since installation.

Before receiving your answer I added a new language to UNITY (Spanish- Spain) and changed the default TTS value to this language and it's working again¡¡¡

But, can you tell me why was this the problem or why at the beginning it was working?

I don't know why it was working at the beginning. I know that presently, to get ESO TTS to work you need to set the Default TTS language setting in the SA to Spanish (Spain). That's a problem that we hope to fix in the next version of Unity (though the problem is still there in 3.1(5).)

If you're curious, the problem is that Unity doesn't initialize the ESO TTS engine properly, and so to work around that you have to use the ESP TTS engine. I hope to fix the ESO TTS engine very soon here, and then it should work properly without having to use ESP.

Glad to hear it's working again. Let me know if you have any other questions, and I expect that in the next release, we'll be able to use the ESO TTS engine properly.

Michael Kale, mkale@cisco.com

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content