cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TTS license

shouyisun
Level 1
Level 1

Does Unity4.02 come with TTS 2 ports license by default? I remember that's the way Unity 3.xx does. But after installation, we see both realspeaker and TTS 3000 are 0.

If we have to order , which part number is and which one is better real speaker or TTS3000

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unity has never given away TTS licenses for free - the built in "demo" license that has restricted numbers of users, limited record time and the like does come with TTS but that's not for deployment in a production environment - it's for testing purposes only and with a 10 second or so recording limit you'd have a hard time using it.

You have to buy TTS licenses if you want to use TTS on a production system. It's always been that way, it has not changed in 4.x. You'll need to talk to your account team about part numbers, we don't deal with that out here.

I see. From voice quality point,which engine is better? It seems real speaker is better, isn't it?

yes, real speak is better and in 4.x it's all you can get - support for TTS3000 was dropped.

Hi Jeff

Here is what I got Cisco web ,http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_qanda_item09186a00800e0cba.shtml

indicating that Unity above 3.15 , realspeaker is included with all UM orders.

How is TTS sold?

A. In Cisco Unity 3.1(4) and below, TTS3000 is included with all Cisco Unity Unified Messaging orders. RealSpeak is an additional cost. For Cisco Unity 3.1(5) and greater, RealSpeak is included with all Cisco Unified Messaging orders. Upgrades to Cisco Unity Unified Messaging 3.1(5) do not include an upgrade to RealSpeak. RealSpeak is an add-on feature and is thus not covered by SASU.

Thanks

you need licenses on your key to allow TTS sessions. They don't come for free and never have. The TTS sessions come with some of the licensed "bundles" you get but you _are_ paying for the TTS sessions in that bundle, they're not free since we have to pay the TTS vendor for them, of course.

As I noted, you'll need to talk about what to order with your account team - we don't deal with part numbers and ordering specifics and the like out here in the forum.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: