Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
You may experience some slow load times, errors, and slight inconsistencies. We ask for your patience as we finalize the launch. Thank you.

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

TTS not functioning

Hi,<br><br>I have a customer who has an Unity unified message system with version 2.4.6.135 and it works with CCM 3.1.(1) version. Hence, it use CiscoTSP3_0_0_7.<br>Actually, they have FAX & TTS license. When user try to listen to their email from the outlook, they found problems. When users dial into unity and check their mail, the Unity can speak that is an email with deliver time but cannot read the email content and the email's subject. Actually, when I repeat to listen the message again, there is a incremental application error log "AvCs_MC" in Event Viewer. I have captured it and for your reference.<br>Please suggest how to fix it.<br>Thanks a lot !!<br><br>==================================<br>Exception occurred and handled in File: h:\commsvr\Sources\tts\AvTtsSvr\AvTtsSession.cpp at Line: 895 - Error: 80004005H Call stack: <br>0x5DAE3D2D AvTtsSvr.dll: DllUnregisterServer + 19517 bytes<br>0xFEDCBA98 <unknown module>: : <unknown symbol><br>0x89ABCDEF <unknown module>: : <unknown symbol><br>0x77D51B50 RPCRT4.DLL: NdrVaryingArrayFree + 437 bytes<br>==================================<br><br>

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
4 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: TTS not functioning

You should look and Status Monitor and see if you have any ports that are locked up. If so, go to StatusMonitor.exe and check the conversation box and run the monitor for the locked port. See if the port is locked because of TTS.

If you have 2 TTS ports on your system key/dongle, and both ports have been locked up by TTS, you will not be able to have email read to you over the phone.

Rebooting the system will free up the ports.

As to the reason why TTS locked up the ports in the first place: Well we have seen in the past where a certain characters in the subject of the email, that is being accessed by TTS, are ones that TTS are not able to read. This possibly could be just a space and nothing else, or a Unicode character that is not a recognized by the TTS engine.

I will get a list of known characters that will cause this and post it to the forum.

Randy Pierce, MCSE, MCP+Internet, MCP
Cisco Systems, Inc.

Anonymous
N/A

After taking a second look at the error, it might also be as easy as registering that AvTtsSvr.dll with regsvr32.

Cisco Systems, Inc.

Anonymous
N/A

So, would you suggest how to register that AvTtsSvr.dll with regsvr32??

Besides, I have re-start the PC and I think the ports are free now but the problem still happens. Please suggest how to fix it.

Many thanks !

Anonymous
N/A

Well were the port frozen up before you rebooted or not. If the problem still is happening after you rebooted I would say that they weren't frozen up. I need to know if TTS worked or not right after the reboot.

Regarding the registering the dll.

Go to a dos prompt. Go to commserver\components

Type: regsvr32 avttssvr.dll

Cisco Systems, Inc.

Views
Helpful
Replies