cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TTS removal synchronization time?

smburke
Level 1
Level 1

Due to large amounts of negative feedback, we elected to remove TTS capabilities from most of the users on one of our Unity 3.1.5 servers (about 350 users). The COS was modified yesterday evening, but many users are still getting the TTS prompts when they call in to check their messages. I've run an AD sync with DOHPropTest, but the problem exists. Is there a specific time needed for this to take effect, or do I have to bounce the unity services to force the change on the COS to take effect?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ah, ok... so if it's not offereing the messages in the playback stack then the COS stuff is correct - you probably need to change the conversation options for these users to not include email counts. This can be done en mass using the BulkEdit utility - on the conversations page you need to uncheck the "announce total number of email messages" which I'm assuming is checked for users.

Even though the COS doesn't allow access to email via TTS the conversation will still happily give you your totals over the phone if you've asked it to do so.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There should be no delay here at all... the COS information is not replicated into the directory at all and so is not affected by synch times or the like. When subscribers log in their COS is pulled right out of SQL (no caching involved) and that's what determines which features are available to them (among other things).

There should be no reason to bounce the server either - again, none of that info is cached, it should all be live on the fly. Another issue must be at play. Can you pick a specific user still getting TTS prompts, follow to their COS and then list off the specific settings on the "features" page? If you really want to get fancy you can dump that row in the COS table in the UnityDB database since there's a lot of flags in the table that don't show up in the SA. If you're comfortable using OSQL or SQL Query Analyzer you can do that and we'll get a better picture about what's going on here.

I suspect some flag is still set that's telling the conversation to continue to include the email counts or whatever - I'm not clear on what you mean by "still getting the TTS prompts" - does this mean their email counts are being offered? The emails continue to show up in the message stack? both?

Sorry for the lack of detail. I just tested it using my Unity mailbox. If I change my COS to the non TTS COS, when I log into Unity, it says that I have XX new messages, all are email, but then doesn't give me the option to play my email.

I'm assuming there's a flag set in the COS row that shouldn't be.

Here's the row for the COS that shouldn't have TTS capabilities. Sorry for the lousy formatting.

{6B292A7C-2F7C-485D-A786-BAA6064E9E83} inChord Polaris Subscriber 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 0 0 {E5B2B66E-0E80-4035-B9B4-A4EF6D9B6371} 0 0 90 300 30 30 20 2 1 0 {666357FA-DD77-4410-900D-3B4109B6D8AE} 1 1 inChord Polaris Subscriber {71212471-4D80-4F7B-A77E-662DAF1652B6} 0 15 0 0 1 12 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 {F77334DB-FDF7-4A91-9ACC-489AA9AC4DFD} 0

ah, ok... so if it's not offereing the messages in the playback stack then the COS stuff is correct - you probably need to change the conversation options for these users to not include email counts. This can be done en mass using the BulkEdit utility - on the conversations page you need to uncheck the "announce total number of email messages" which I'm assuming is checked for users.

Even though the COS doesn't allow access to email via TTS the conversation will still happily give you your totals over the phone if you've asked it to do so.

I gotcha. Thanks for the help. I should have remembered that, but after two days of disgruntled users, it'd slipped my mind.