Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

TTS sometimes works!

I have installed Unity with Call Manager<br>My licence key has the TTS vendors : L&H 3000 enabled.<br>TTS works sometimes, and then stops working. When it IS working the Event viewer gives this warning:<br>No provider found for language ENA and speaker Michael. <br>i.e. looking for the other TTS engine (Real Speak) (I Think)<br>When it is NOT working it gives this error:<br>Exception occurred and handled in File: h:\CommSvr\Sources\tts\AvTtsSvr\AvTtsSession.cpp at Line: 900 - Error: 80004005H Call stack: <br>0x5DBC308D AvTtsSvr.dll: DllUnregisterServer + 18637 bytes<br>0xFEDCBA98 <unknown module>: : <unknown symbol><br>0x89ABCDEF <unknown module>: : <unknown symbol><br>0x77D51B50 RPCRT4.DLL: NdrVaryingArrayFree + 437 bytes<br> <br>The way I get it to work again, is to upgrade the licence with the same Licence KEY, and start Unity again.<br><br>Does anyone have any ideas?<br>Regards,<br>Gerard O'Rourke<br><br><br>

2 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: TTS sometimes works!

First, reapplying your key string probably is doing nothing (it had better be doing nothing, lets put it that way). I’m guessing simply restarting Unity will have the same effect. I have a thought about what you might be seeing…

Pop open your registry and look at HKLM\Software\Active Voice\TTS\1.0\Initalization\

Check the default language key in there… I’m guessing it’s ENU. I’m also guessing that you’ll see both “LnH” and “RealSpeak” hives under the …\1.0\Providers\ branch. I’ll be willing to bet you have a key that has support for both engines (the key dump will still only show TTS3000 in this case) which isn’t handled real smooth at this point. We shouldn’t be sending keys out like that, but it’s happened a few times when things were sent out for demo purposes as opposed to normal production systems. Support for the TTS engines is really only “either/or” right now.

I’m also assuming you have multiple languages installed.

What looks to be happening on the first case is you have a subscriber setup for Australian for which there is no support by either RealSpeak or TTS3000. It fails to find the language entry in the TTS\1.0\Initalization\DefaultSpeakers branch and so fails over to ENU which should pick up the speaker “Michael”, fire up TTS3000 and work ok.

I’m guessing when it fails you are calling in as a different user that’s setup for a different language (true?)… there is a entry for that language code but it’s mapped to a speaker name that’s not in the currently loaded TTS engine (the one fired up from the first call that failed over to the ENU). This makes it very unhappy and it stops working until you restart.

I’m pretty far out here on a series of guesses… can you check your system and verify any/all/none of this? If this is close to what’s happening we should be able to basically remove one of the TTS engines and you’ll be fine. If not, I need to cook up a better theory.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

Re: TTS sometimes works!

Thanks for your detailed reply.
All my Users have their language set to English(Australian).
And it looks like you are right about being supported for both Engines, but how could I force it to use Real Speak in that case?
Anyway, as all my users are English(australian), why does it not default to the default speaker Michael, everytime?
Regards,
Gerard.

Views
Helpful
Replies