cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TTS - When is email not email

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Guys.<br>I have a recent client who has introducted unity (with tts)- late last year.<br>When a user enters their mailbox they hear email messages.<br>This happens even when subscribers/conversation/retreiving messages are all set to blank.<br>Whilst it doesn't announce the total of e-mail messages it still plays them under the new or saved option.<br><br>Now, i have temporalily got around this problem by seting up a new class of service that doesn't have the license feature of tts, but this is only temporary.<br><br>Its probable me, with some silly combination or setting activated that is enabling this problem to happen.<br><br>Please advise what to do.<br>Many Thanks.<br>C<br><br>

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

You're temporary solution to the problem is actually the right way of going about it.

the options on the conversation page are only for dictating which message totals to announce when you access your mailbox over the phone, it doesn't dictate which messages are played to you in the message stack. If you have TTS turned on in the COS of a user, they will always hear their emails... same goes for fax messages.

If they don't want to hear their email, they need to be assigned to a COS with it disabled... just as you've done.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

Not applicable

Thanks for that.
I assume that there are no hacks for the message stack?

-C

Not applicable

Not yet... there's several features we're considering that allow folks to dictate their message stack behavior (sort order, presentation styles, LIFO/FIFO etc...) on a per user basis, but nothing's committed yet. As usual, you'll want to ping "features@activevoice.com" to let the marketing end of the house know you'd like to see this.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg