Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cisco Employee

TUI control of call handlers

Is this available. I have a 75 site school system which we need to give access to change their auto-attendant greetings and tree structure, some on a daily basis. Is the web interface the only available?<br><br>Is there an easier way? I love the utility on answermonkey.net but it does not seem to allow the recording of prompts, simply moving them around and making changes to the transfer destination, etc.<br><br>TIA, -jm<br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: TUI control of call handlers

Unfortunately in Unity 2.x there is no way to adjust the greetings for call handlers over the phone... this is on the roadmap for the 3.1 delivery, however. Some sites have worked around this issue for things like changing the opening greeting by using a dummy subscriber instead of a call handler and letting folks that need to sign in as that dummy user to change the greetings over the phone. A little klunky but all in all not that bad, at least for limited use scenarios like that.

There are no plans to actually change the tree structure over the phone... I'm not real sure how such an interface would sound/work. It makes me sleepy just thinking about it. Have you used such a product or do you have a specific idea of what you would be looking for here?

Yeah, I keep meaning to come back to that call handler tree view application and allow folks to add new handlers/change greetings etc... with it and I can never seem to find the time to do it. I'm heading out on extended leave starting August 1st and I plan to spend some time on these tools for 3.0... I can get much more creative in 3.0 since the directory engine is SQL instead of having to pull everything from the Exchange 5.5 directory (which is rather slow for a database app like that one). You'll see these things popping up on the 3.x tools page over the summer. I'll be maintaining the 2.x tools but wont be adding very many more new 2.x tools.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content