cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TUI Return MEssage

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Currently if I send a message and it is returned (eg, unity to unity, non sync network, blind networking), i won't know that message was not forwarded to the receipient without a email integration, i have customers who do not want to use the integration, could Active Voice build a voice message (standard recoding or something) so it could tell people via TUI that that message send failed ?<br><br>

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

Well… that’s kind of a tricky thing to pull off.

When messaging to a remote user in a synchronized directory, of course, we send the NDR back as a voice mail and you get the prompt indicating it didn’t get where it was going for some reason.

In a non synchronized directory, however, the message goes out the SMTP gateway with the sender stamped as the subscriber who recorded the message. If it bounces back from the destination server (or the address was totally bogus and it times out at your ISP and gets sent back) it comes in as an email from that system. In most cases the Exchange server that has your SMTP gateway on it is going to deliver the NDR directly to the senders mailbox without even consulting the VOICE gateway installed by Unity (as is the case with voice mail coming into the SMTP gateway… we register ourselves to handle that message type).

There no real easy way I can think of that we can identify the inbound NDR as a message that resulted in a failed voice mail delivery as opposed to an NDR that has nothing to do with us.

I’ll kick it around with the gateway folks and see what they have to say… I can see it would be nice but I’m not sure it can be done.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice Corp
jlindborg@activevoice.com