cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Turn on headset mode in 7960G

tomchan
Level 1
Level 1

Would like to turn on Headset Only Mode in 7960G.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803edb8b.html

Indicates whether the headset and speaker are enabled (No) or disabled (Yes). Use Cisco CallManager to modify.

Any URL link will be helpful. Thank you in advance.

4 Replies 4

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I don't know of a way to turn on only the headset. You can disable the speakerphone or the speakerphone and headset. You can do this by going to CCM admin -> Device -> Phone. Find the phone that you want to modify. On the phone configuration page under Product Specific Configuration, check the box to disable the speakerphone or the speakerphone and headset.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Tom,

If I understand your question correctly you want to configure "Auto Answer" with the Headset? Here is the method;

Auto answer with Headset

----------------------------

Forces the headset to go off hook automatically when an incoming call is received

From Cisco CallManager:

1. Choose Device > Phone.

2. Enter search criteria to locate a specific phone and click Find.

3. Click the device name that you want to configure.

4. In the Directory Numbers list, click the line to configure.

Using Cisco CallManager, you can enable this feature for the headset.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a0080129228.html#wp1029487

Or if I have misunderstood your question;

Disabling the Speakerphone

-----------------------------

By default, the speakerphone is enabled on Cisco IP Phones. However, you can disable it on Cisco IP Phone models 7960 and 7940.

To disable the speakerphone on these models, choose Device > Phone from the Cisco CallManager Administration application and locate the phone you want to modify. Check the Disable Speakerphone check box to disable the speakerphone for the phone you have selected.

Disabling the Headset

-----------------------------

To disable the headset on these models, choose Device > Phone from the Cisco CallManager Administration application and locate the phone you want to modify. Check the Disable Headset check box to disable the Headset for the phone you have selected.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a0080129226.html#wp1042360

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts...

Thanks for all the advice. Appreciate it.

If you access ip phone network configuration menu and scroll down to option 45, it shows Headset Mode is disable. Though I change the setting to "Auto Answer with Headset" from line configuration page in CCM and reset the phone, it is still showing disable. Any advice?

What is the exact usage of that Headset mode showing on an ip phone network configuration menu? I guess we can simply hit the headset buttion on an ip phone when connecting a headset to it. Thanks for the advice.

Hi Tom,

Option 45,actually refers to "Handset Only" Mode not Headset Mode.This mode refers to whether or not you have the Headset and Speakerphone (both)disabled thus putting the phone in "Handset Only" mode. I guess this Option would be handy to view if one of your users was complaining about not being able to use the Headset or Speakerphone on their set and you didn't have access to the GUI.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.........