Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Two SRST routers on one remote site

Hello,

I need two install two SRST routers on one of my customer remote site (>720 users).

Two issues have to be solved :

- the internal calls between the phones registered to two distinct SRST GWs in SRST mode.

- is it possible to use the carrier ressource of the other GW in SRST mode?

Is it possible to interconnect the two SRST by using H323 connection? How can I configure this? two device pools : one range one GW1 and one on GW2 and a dial-peer voip on each GW for remote range?

Could you give me your feedback?

Thank you for your quick answer.

Best regarsds,

Phil

4 REPLIES
Blue

Re: Two SRST routers on one remote site

1. In order to split the phones between two routers create two SRST References and two Device Pools. Split the phones between the two device pools.

2. To share carrier resources just create a voip dial-peer to the IP of the other router and vice versa.

router 1

--------------------

interface fastethernet 0/0

ip address 10.1.1.1 255.255.255.0

!

dial-peer voice 9 pots

description send call out attached PRI

destination pattern 9T

!

dial-peer voice 91 voip

description send call to other router

preference 1

session target ipv4:10.2.1.1

--------------------

router 2

--------------------

interface fastethernet 0/0

ip address 10.2.1.1 255.255.255.0

!

dial-peer voice 9 pots

description send call out attached PRI

destination pattern 9T

!

dial-peer voice 91 voip

description send call to other router

preference 1

session target ipv4:10.1.1.1

--------------------

andy - berbee

Thank you for your quick answer.

What's up with the internal calls? Is it possible to place internal calls between phones registered to two different SRST GW?

Did you validate such a configuration?

Best regards,

Phil

Super Bronze

Hi

Andy's solution above works - the dial-peer 91 entries on each router in his example should have a destination-pattern set to match your range of extensions and point at the other SRST router.

For example, if all your extensions are in the range 1000-1999, you could have

destination-pattern 1xxx

in the dial-peer. If an extension (e.g. 1001) is registered to Router A, router A will have an invisible dial-peer pointing to that extension - so it will route any calls received to that phone.

If it doesn't have a phone registered with 1001, it will route it to the next best match - the dial-peer 91 with destination-pattern 1xxx. This points to the other SRST router, which will have the extension registered...

The same applies to carrier resources - just have dial-peers configured with appropriate preference values to direct calls to the other router via H323.

Aaron

p.s. Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thank you for your answer.

Have you ever tested such a configuration?

I need secure SRST. But H323 endpoints are not supported.

So, signalling for calls between 2 ipphones registered on each gw shouldn't be encrypted. But, what happens with audio flow? Will there be encrypted?

Best regards,

Phil

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content