Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Two Unity subscribers on one line

We have our students in our dorms who under our old Centigram (ugh :-) voice mail system share a DID line and two voice mail boxes... If you call the DID and get no answer you hear "Press 1 to leave a message for "John Smith (plays subscriber's recorded name) and press 2 to leave a message for "Sam Smithson" (plays recorded name)<br><br>During our EFT we tried to get this working but ran out of time - anybody know how close we can get to this in UNity and where the best place to start would be?<br><br>Thanks!<br><br>Ken Johnson<br>Mgr. Network Services<br>LeTourneau University<br>http://www.letu.edu/

2 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Two Unity subscribers on one line

If I were setting this up, here’s how I’d go about it.

1. Create the subscribers using, say, their student number as their DTMF_ID on their mail user account.

2. Create a call handler for their shared extension number that has a DTMF_ID corresponding to the phone extension number

3. On the call handler, activate the alternate greeting (which over rides all other greeting rules) and record the greeting such that it says “To leave a message for Jim, press 1, for Eddie, press 2…” for however many students share that line.

4. Activate the alternate transfer rule on the call handler (which over rides all other transfer rules). Set it to not transfer.
5. Go to the user import section for the call handler and for key 1, set it to go to the greeting for Jim, key 2 set to go to the greeting for Eddie etc… again, for however many users are sharing the line.

6. Make sure each subscriber sets up their own greeting if desired. This way when a call comes in for their DID, the user will select the user they want and then they’d hear the custom greeting for that user (i.e. “I’m back at my folks till Thursday…” or whatever) and then they can leave a message. Optionally you can just have no recordings on the subscribers themselves such that users will just directly leave a message without hearing a custom greeting.

To check messages, students will have to dial the opening greeting, press * followed by their student number (or whatever unique ID you chose to use) and enter their password (if set) to get at their messages. You can program this into buttons on the phone (if available) to speed things up for them.

It’s a little manual but you can make this work (we’ve done similar installments elsewhere).

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

Re: Two Unity subscribers on one line

Check out the response by the Answer Monkey to the same question a while back...
http://avforums.isomedia.com/cgi-bin/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=unityent&Number=3622&page=&view=&sb=&vc=1#Post3622

Views
Helpful
Replies