Views
Helpful
Replies

Typing "debug isdn q931" gives "Invalid Input"

jkhosravan
Level 1
Level 1

Using AS5350, ios version 12.3

isdn sitch-type primary-net5 connected with 1 E1 line to PSTN.

Trying to get debugging info, but when I try to do "debug isdn q931" it says Invalid input detectect at '^' marker and the marker is pointing to the letter "s" in isdn.

And when I do "debug ?" there is no isdn option. How is this possible? I am using priviledge mode.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

J.K.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

maharris
Level 5
Level 5

This might be a dumb answer, but I have had this happen when the controller was actually configured to do CAS, and I was told it was ISDN, tried the debug, got that very startling message, did sh run and saw it was an E&M connection. Just felt I should mention it...

Mary Beth

View solution in original post

Under your controller for the T1 is it setup as either:

1) pri-group timeslots etc.

or

2) ds0-group timeslots etc.

if using option 1 then debug isdn q931 should work, if using option 2 then you are using channel associated signaling and ISDN debugs are not available because ISDN is not in use.

regards,

Please rate all posts!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

maharris
Level 5
Level 5

This might be a dumb answer, but I have had this happen when the controller was actually configured to do CAS, and I was told it was ISDN, tried the debug, got that very startling message, did sh run and saw it was an E&M connection. Just felt I should mention it...

Mary Beth

Would you have your "sh run" script so that I can compare? Just the top level stuff.

~J.K.

Under your controller for the T1 is it setup as either:

1) pri-group timeslots etc.

or

2) ds0-group timeslots etc.

if using option 1 then debug isdn q931 should work, if using option 2 then you are using channel associated signaling and ISDN debugs are not available because ISDN is not in use.

regards,

Please rate all posts!

You were correct. What threw me off was the fact that the following line is included in my configuration:

isdn switch-type primary-net5

This makes me think that it is possible for the AS5300 to have a controler with CAS (ds0-group)AND a controller with ISDN (pri-group), simultaneously.

If you have an opinion/answer as to why that ISDN line is included, much appreciated.

~J.K.

The global isdn switch-type command just sets the default isdn switch type for ISDN interfaces that do not have a switch-type specifically set under the interface. It does not mean that ISDN is active or anything. To have an active ISDN PRI link you would need a controller programmed with a pri-group.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: