Views
Helpful
Replies

uBR924 for SOHO voice solution?

rajrad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am in the process of selecting a cisco product to provide data and voice communication between Home office in USA and Home office in India. I am about to use ISDN connectivity on either ends and implement VoIP to cut telephone bill cost. Which cisco product will suit the best to my needs on USA end.

4 Replies 4

bbaley
Level 3
Level 3

It sounds like your home office in the US is a cable connection based on the subject line. Yes, the uBR924 should work well for the US connection.

Hi,

After configuring VoIP in uBR924 cable connection, can I initiate voice to any telephone number around the globe or I have any reservations.

Thanks,

Raj

The uBR924 has FXS, so you would connect a standard analog phone.

The other leg of the call is VoIP. So everything that you call from this phone will travel over VoIP. If you want to call numbers off the VoIP network, like numbers on the PSTN, then you need a VoIP gateway that connects to the IP network and to the PSTN, with the appropriate type of voice interface(s) like ISDN, T1/E1, FXO, etc.

Now I am searching for a service provider who avails the VoIP gateway service only. Is there any service provider who avails VoIP gateway service only so that I can subscribe for the service. If not, what do I need to do to create the voice gateway infrastructure on my own. Since this is for a SOHO, cost effective method is preferred.