Views
Helpful
Replies

ubr924

Ladislaus
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I've read a bit on this router but can't really seem to find out what kind of voice ports it has.

First of all, let me say, I do not need the cable functionality. But seing that it has what looks like two FXO ports I could use it as a VoIP gateway.

Now, what I really wonder is that other port, the one that says "line".. can I connect it to the PSTN and use it as a FXS gateway instead of buying some interface for my 3660?

Regards

Kristian

3 Replies 3

pbarman
Level 5
Level 5

The two ports are FXS and line port is a FXO with limited functionality. You can only use the line port during a power outage for the ubr924, and can only use it to dial out to the PSTN.

This product has reached its end of life, and is no longer orderable.

So, really.. that port is worth nothing when running router, right? I can't use it to direct any calls to the PSTN?

It's just for when the router goes down, it shouldn't bring the phone down with it, correct?

I wish they'd make the router redundant instead ;)

Yes, you are correct here !! It is used only when the UBR goes down, so that the phone can still be used for maybe emergency calls :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: