Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

UC500 EMAIL TO FAX

Hi,

I am trying to test my configuration for "email to fax" on my uc520-2bri with a vic2-2fxo.

Basically, I put in place a configuration and I have attached the fax line on the fxo port but I don't know how to send an email to the UC to get it to work.

I have gotten the fax to email to work and now I need to get the other way to work.

I believe I need an SMTP server but I would like to use the UC500 or the CUE. Anyone has an example on how to do this would be great.

Here is the configuration that we put in place on the UC500:

fax interface-type fax-mail

mta send server x.x.x.x port 25

mta send with-subject both

mta send mail-from hostname x

mta send mail-from username x

mta send return-receipt-to hostname x

mta send return-receipt-to username $s$

mta receive aliases x.x.x.x

mta receive maximum-recipients 10

application

service service onramp

!

service offramp flash:app_faxmail_offramp.2.0.1.1.tcl

!

service onramp flash:app_faxmail_onramp.2.0.1.3.tcl

voice-port 0/2/0

cptone FR

timeouts call-disconnect 3

connection plar opx x

impedance complex2

caller-id enable

dial-peer voice 2500 mmoip

service fax_on_vfc_onramp_app out-bound

destination-pattern x

information-type fax

session target mailto:x@x.com

!

dial-peer voice 2004 pots

service onramp

incoming called-number x

port 0/2/0

!

dial-peer voice 2005 pots

service offramp

incoming called-number x

direct-inward-dial

port 0/2/0

forward-digits all

!

dial-peer voice 2501 mmoip

service offramp

information-type fax

incoming called-number ........

Thanks guys for the help.

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: UC500 EMAIL TO FAX

What you need is a Fax/printer driver that will allow you to fax from any application. For example:

http://sandlerco.com/t37fsp4cisco.htm

Thanks for the info. It is really usefull. BUT it still doesn't work. I am not sure if it is something on the configuration.

I have specified an outbound gateway on the T37SFP config which is the ip address on the alias but we get an error on the smtp logs that says that there is no mapping for the fax number that we have requested (error 553). I don't really understand the error.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Should be a config problem on the router.

Cisco Employee

Where are you sending the Fax from?  In that client, if you only have one SMTP server defined, that SMTP server needs to know how to route emails to FAX=XXXXXX@

So you need to put an entry in that SMTP server to forward calls to the router, isntead of out your Internet default fax gateway.

The router runs an SMTP server for this solution, so you can send directly to the router, if you like.  However, that only works for the faxes.  You obviously can't send all of your emails to the router, since it wont know how to route emails to external destinations (like user@cisco.com).

If you want to test the solution, you can send plain-text data via SMTP to the router via telnet.  See this link for more information:

http://bobpeers.com/technical/telnet_smtp

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content