cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC500 series questions (switch model and SIP ability)?

liam
Level 1
Level 1

We are thinking of implementing a UC500. Currently we have a number of CE 500TT and TC switches. Could we use these existing switches or would a UC500 deployment require us to replace the 500's with 520 switches?

I do not see much documentation for the UC500's support of SIP trunking. Is SIP trunking supported in the UC500 and if so, where can I find documentation on how to implement it?

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, sure you can use your existing switch, UC500 doesn't care about what you have.

And, sure SIP trunking is supported. Do you want to get service from an ITSP instead or in addition to pots lines ?

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

I'm looking to get the service in place of the POST lines. Any thoughts on where to find info on how the config would change by using SIP instead of POST?

That's the problem, there isn't a good ready document around. But do not worry, a lot of people does that already and works well. It's just few commands under sip-ua and the resti depends on the specifics, eg how many lines you're getting, etc.

Hint 1: place a CME interface directly on the internet if possible at all. You will protect it with an ACL. This will eliminate all and any NAT issue that are a problem in 90% of the cases.

Hint 2: do NOT subscribe a service that require you to regiser each line individual. Thta is proven to cause trouble.

If you need multiple numbers, work with an ISP that can give you a DID block with a single registation (or no registration at all).

Hope this helps, please rate post if does!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: