cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCM/UCCX Training (not for certs)

billmatthews
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any self-paced training out there for UCM or UCCX? I'm not looking for certificiation, just something to help our administrators use and manage the products. Intstructor classes are an option, but I'd also like to know about any DVD or web based options?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

tim.giles
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

There are training videos you can download from forums which explain how the CallManagers function and how to configure them. Unfortunately these aren't much use without the practical experience to back it up.

I would definately suggest they do CVoice and CIPT courses to get a good grounding in the technology.

UCCX is a little more complicated as you need a bit of experience in scripts. I would wait until they fully understand UCM's before sending them on a training course for UCCX as most of it will be too much to take in.

Personally, I would recommend the following:

1) Download video tutorials + ebooks for reference

2) set up a lab in VMWare for them to play with

3) train them for CVoice and CIPT

4) send them on a UCCX course

The Cisco website is also extremely helpful if you need any installation, upgrade or troubleshooting documents....

Please rate useful posts....

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

tim.giles
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

There are training videos you can download from forums which explain how the CallManagers function and how to configure them. Unfortunately these aren't much use without the practical experience to back it up.

I would definately suggest they do CVoice and CIPT courses to get a good grounding in the technology.

UCCX is a little more complicated as you need a bit of experience in scripts. I would wait until they fully understand UCM's before sending them on a training course for UCCX as most of it will be too much to take in.

Personally, I would recommend the following:

1) Download video tutorials + ebooks for reference

2) set up a lab in VMWare for them to play with

3) train them for CVoice and CIPT

4) send them on a UCCX course

The Cisco website is also extremely helpful if you need any installation, upgrade or troubleshooting documents....

Please rate useful posts....

Excellent advice, thank you!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: