Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

UEGENT!!!! Delay and Timeout in Pushing PNG Image to Cisco Phone

Hi All! I have two questions regarding pushing a PNG image to a Cisco phone:

(1) After the image is pushed to the phone, there're several sec delay before it is shown, in that period, the phone will show whatever it showed previously for the same service (for example, a different product picture) which is really annoying. How do I remove that leftover?

(2) Eash time I push a new PNG image to the phone, it always failed for the 1st time, saying "HOST NOT FOUND" (which is not true!), but if I push the image again a few sec later, it will appear, as if the downloading continues from what has been left since last time. Any idear how can I change this "Download Timout" so it won't abort for the 1st time?

Thank you very much for your help!!!

3 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: UEGENT!!!! Delay and Timeout in Pushing PNG Image to Cisco P

BTW, I'm pushing with

CiscoTerminal.sendData(xml);

Just found if pushing directly from a browser, the delay seems to be less! Anyone has any experience on that? Thanks a lot!

Can you run ethereal to find out what the found is doing the first time when it can't load the image? e.g. does it make a request to get the image at all?

Community Member

Hi stephan, thanks for your suggestions! I kind of work around it by first pushing a Text object to the phone and then the PNG file. And a lesson learned here is not to push an Execute object whose URL will return yet another Execute object! Now it take about 1.5-2.5 sec to download the image, still slow but kind of acceptable. Still kind of interested if there's a way to speed up such a download process.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content