Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

UM 4.0.2 Install issues

I've just done a migration from 3.1.5 UM with on-box Ex2k (running as VM since the user's Exchange was elsewhere), to 3.1.5 UM with off box Ex2k on a new server, then used DiRT to transfer the user database. OK so far. Upgrade to 4.0.2. Licenses were originally UM with no extra features, converted to 4.0 FLEXlm. Seemed to go OK, except for a few anomalies now:

1. LicRealSpeakSessionsMax = 4, LicRealspeakSessionsMax=0, LicTTS3000SessionsMax = 0. TTS doesn't start. I thought base UM included 4 TTS. Am I confused? I left TTS checked during the 4.0 install. Is there something else I need to buy for TTS?

2. I'm seeing CiscoUnity_DSAD 1017 warnings in the appl event log every 2 minutes. skipping sync cycle. problem connecting to DC. what's this about?

3. When I try to go to the ciscopca web page, there's nothing there. Poking around ISM, I see web/aa is redirected to ciscopca but don't see ciscopca anywhere. Did I miss something in the install?

2 REPLIES

Re: UM 4.0.2 Install issues

1. TTS does not come with a new license unless you pay for it. The Realspeak engine is installed, but unless you actually pay for the ports, it won't do anything for you.

2. Those errors mean you're having problems connecting to your domain controller. This link should help.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/avdirsync_mc.html

You'll want to look at that DefaultDomainController registry key.

3. CiscoPCA is done with Tomcat, not IIS. Make sure you've got a [Drive]:\Commserver\cscoserv directory and that you can actually access the pca pages. If you don't have that directory, then you can copy the contents of that cscoserv directory off of the CD onto your harddrive and then run this from the command prompt (replacing "[Drive]" with the installation drive letter).

[Drive]:\cscoserv\setup.js source="[Drive]:\cscoserv\setup.msi" target="[Drive]:\Commserver"

adam

Re: UM 4.0.2 Install issues

When I upgraded I found an error with the license file. That stopped TTS working.

Edit the license file and change LicRealSpeakSessionsMax to LicRealspeakSessionsMax (e.g. upper case S - RealSpeak to lower case s -Realspeak).

Reload the license and everything works.

I also had to install ciscopca manually.

Hope this helps.

John

Views
Helpful
Replies