Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

UM an VM in same network

I have a customer that wants to have 2000 VM accounts and another 200 UM accounts. It is not clear to me that this can be done. <br>Any thoughts on this are appreciated.<br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: UM an VM in same network

From a technical standpoint this is no problem... the voice mail accounts are stored in Exchange just like UM accounts and you can choose to hide them from the address book so folks don't see them at their desktops. In both configurations Unity is storing and accessing their messages in Exchange as normal (i.e. no tricky alternate message store for VM guys). VM only users can be homed on any Exchange server (including on the local Unity box if so desired).

The UM/VM issue is mostly a licensing item (UM can do TTS email reader, is licensed for VMO access etc...). I'm not sure what the part number/licensing issue are with this on the ordering side of the house (I'm just a tech guy, no hablo part numbers). But from a technical point of view this is no problem.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content