Cisco Support Community
Community Member

UM Forwarding Playback Limitation

I have a UM question that was brought to my attention. Party A calls Party B and leaves a message. Party B checks the message via outlook and viewmail. Then forwards the message with email text to Party C. Party C dials into Unity via cell phone and hears they have one new email "with attachments". Unity will not play the attachment (the original VM) but will read the text. It seems to me this is a limitation of Unity but I'm curious to know if anyone has found away around it?

Cisco Employee

Re: UM Forwarding Playback Limitation

At this point Unity treats messages over the phone based on their type - if it's tagged as a voice mail (IPM.Note.Voice.Unity) it will play the WAV attachment(s) on it - if there are other attachments such as text or a document or whatever, it will only note that there are attachments, it wont allow you to play them via TTS or the like. The converse is also true, if the message is tagged as an email (IPM.Note) it will play the text body portion via TTS but wont offer to play other attachments such as WAV files. There's not any way to force other attachments in those scenarios to play, unfortunately.

CreatePlease to create content