Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

UM User License Upgrade: 3.x License on 2.4.6 Server

Our vendor has said we can use a 3.x upgrade license to add 10 additional users to our 2.4.6 box. Can we do this ?

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: UM User License Upgrade: 3.x License on 2.4.6 Server

I don't have a 3.x upgrade code for a 2.x system here to test but I don't think this is a good idea. The upgrade code is fed into the License Upgrade utility for the respective version of Unity and the one that goes with 2.x wont understand all the flags in a 3.x upgrade code - new features (i.e. AMIS networking) were added between 2.x and 3.x and the upgrade utility wont know what to do with those flags necessarily.

It might just ignore them and apply the other settings properly but I wouldn't count on it unless I tried it myself - regardless, it seems to me to be a safer bet to get an upgrade code specifically for 2.x to apply more seats.

Thanks. If you do test this scenario, pls post results.

I'll see if we can easily/quickly "exchange" the PAK. Any thoughts on who I could contact at Cisco for that ??

FYI - Cisco did provide a license file based on the 3.x PAK with existing 2.x lic info. Would this be provided if it would not work ??

Views
Helpful
Replies