cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UM4.0 License Pooling

jcarr
Level 1
Level 1

I upgraded from 3.1 to 4.0 and received my upgraded licenses. I see now that 4.0 appears to support user license pooling between networked Unity servers. This seems like a swell thing (not that I don't love buying licenses). But my upgraded licenses don't enable pooling. When I look in the price list, UNITY-LIC-POOL appears to cost $0. Do I just need to order this zero cost feature for my 4.0 servers or am I missing something?

2 Replies 2

msknotts
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes. Place the order (for zero dollars), so that your license key can be updated to included pooled users. UNITY-LIC-UPG-40 with option UNITY-LIC-POOL

Note that if you have several Unity servers, each has to be enabled with pooled licenses, if you wish to be able to move users to that server.

I should also note here, as well, that to move users between Unity servers requires you use the latest Global Subscriber Manager tool available on www.CiscoUnityTools.com and that those Unity servers are in the same dialing domain...

pooled licensing is also handy for folks that just want to get a big block of licenses and not have to doll them out to different Unity boxes... it's not _just_ for folks who want to move users between servers for load balancing and the like.