Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

Un-registering an FXO

Hi guys,

This may sound a little weird but I am trying to unregister an FXO port from CCM. I still want the gateway to be registered but currently I do not have a line connected to that port. For troubleshooting purposes, I'd like to un-register this port on the call manager.

Unfortunately, I can not shut down the port (from the IOS) because another port on the same voice card is in use.

Is there any way around this?

2 REPLIES

Re: Un-registering an FXO

Not sure if you are running this under MGCP or not, but you can delete the port configuration within the gateway setup, and this will still leave the membership information on the other port on the card intact. If this port belongs to a route group or list, you will need to remove that prior to deleting the port.

Hope this helps!

Roger

Re: Un-registering an FXO

Thanks,

It worked perfectly. I do not know why it did not occur to me before. I guess it was because I was just looking to disable it and not totally delete it. I appreciate your help.

And yes, we do use MGCP.

Regards,

Ade

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content