Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to access remove subscriber properties for 2 users in diff domain

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello -

We attempted to import 2 Exchange 2K users from a different domain in our Exchange organization into our Unity server for testing. This import failed because we did not have the correct Exchange permissions for their mail server. Although Unity can see the other domain in System Admin, we only see our domain tree when using the remove subscriber properties tool. We can find the two subscribers using Find in SA, but when we attempt to link to the subscriber's hyperlink, we get an error. So we are unable to delete from there. I checked through several of the posts on cleaning subscriber properties and thought I'd check with you - adsiedit? Delete from UnityDb in SQL? I appreciate your recommendation.

Sincerely, Ginger

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

yeah, that's kind of a lame limitation of the remove subscriber properties tool... it's being retired since the global subscriber manager has that functionality in it now. If you're running 3.1(5) you can remove sub properties in the import dialog in GSM.

But you can also just do this in ADSI. You need to delete the value in the ciscoESCBULocationObjectID and ciscoESCBUObjectType properties on the user to clean them out... the rest of the ECSBU properties on there will get overwritten when you import them again.

oliviers
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What it sounds like is that these subscribers are "half-baked". In all seriousness, it sounds like they have Unity Call Handler objects (info stored mostly in SQL) and no Mail User objects (stored mostly in the directory). If you open ADSIEdit with a Domian Admin's account in the same Domain as the intended subscriber, do you see any values for the ciscoEcsbu... properties?

I'd bet that the permissions issue probably has to do with the account that's running the AvDSAD service rather than some Exchange permissions (on imports, Unity just modifies some attributes on the user object, there's not much Exchange work on the import).

You could try to see if there are MailUser and/or CallHandler objects in the UnityDB for these users. Just check the subscriber and callhandler tables in SQL. What's showing up there.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: