cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to access System Admin after reinstall

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Your windows Domain Accout [Domain_Name\Administrator] is not associated with a Unity Subscriber.<br><br>I had to unintall Unity, and upon reinstalling, I receive this error message upon accessing the System Admin. I used the uninstall utility from Jeff Lindborg in hopes I would not run into any issues during the reinstall. Oh well. <br><br>

5 Replies 5

Not applicable

Probably a little quick to assume the uninstall is related!

it's not. This is not uncommon on reinstalls at all since if the Administrator account you're installing with is already an Exchange account on the local box we sometimes don't slam that guy in as a subscriber properly with setup.

real easy to get in... assign your NT account to the Example administrator account in Exchange and restart Unity. You should be able to get into the SA and take care of business.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

No 'dis' intended. Just a little frustration factor is all.

Getting back to the issue at hand... After the reinstall, I have only one entry for recipients - that being "Unity Messaging System".

Not applicable

something went wrong with your install then... doesn't look like the database even tried to configure (did you get an error message during install?). Either way, can you rerun the configuration scripts for me (just take a minute or two)?

fire up the ConfigMgr.exe (under \commserver) and hit the "run doh configuration script" radio button, and browse to \commserver\localize\defaultConfiguration\enu and select the 'defaultdatabase.dcs' file and hit run. If an error comes up, email me the latest "diag_xxx" file under the Commserver\Logs directory. If not, go ahead and run the Rules configuration script and the Schedules script which are

"defaultrules.dcs" and "defaultschedules.dcs" in that same directory. Just hit the other radio buttons and run them as with the default database.

if that all goes through, restart Unity again and you should be good to go.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Not applicable

after running scripts and a couple of reboots, everything is working. (even the MWI, which after hours of research and troubleshooting because I couldn't get the lamp to work, now works!)

Not applicable

cool...

it's that fabulous uninstall cleaning the MWI-pipes out that did the trick for you. ;->

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: