Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unable to access VM through phone

User is able to access VM messages through Exchange client, but receives the following recording when attempting to access VM through a Cisco 7960 IP Phone: "Sorry, this system is temporarily unable to complete your call. Please try again later."<br><br>

9 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Unable to access VM through phone

Whenever you get this failsafe conversation, an error (or errors) are logged to the application event log. These should give us a clue as to what's going on there.

also, I'm assuming folks can call into the system and leave messages over the phone, navigate around the auto attendant etc...? It's only subscribers checking their messages that get this error?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

When checking the Event Viewer for Unity the following error message was reported for the user: GetMailboxStatus returned [0x8004000c] on line 108 of file h:\CommSvr\Sources\ConversationEng\AvStateSvr\AvSGetMailboxStatus.cpp. The source is AvConvMsg_MC, and the Event ID is 10002. Other users may access their voicemail and the auto attendant is working fine. Users calling the extension in question receive the user's greeting and may leave a message which subsequently must be accessed through email. The only error seems to be accessing voicemail through the Cisco phone, and only for this particular user.

Anonymous
N/A

If you tell me which version of Unity you're on (including the build number) I'll have someone look up that line of code and see what's going on. Clearly we're getting an error back from MAPI trying to log into that mailbox but I'm not sure what the problem would be.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

The version/build of Unity on our system is 2.4 Build 2.4.6.102. We tried deleting the user's Unity voicemail account and Exchange email account, then re-creating them both. Problem still occurs, with the same error message in Event Viewer.

Anonymous
N/A

When you created the new mailbox and new subscriber, did you cart over the user's messages using a PST file or something? Given that it seems like one of the messages in that box is tripping our filters up. We've seen this from time to time with odd custom message classes or (in one case) NDRS sent back from a public folder (as opposed to a public DL... looks very odd).

If that's the case, someone will need to gain access to your system and take a look at the inbox (i.e. via DPT) and see what's going wrong. Either way, there's not much I can do to help you here. You'll need to get a TAC case open and get someone in there.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Cisco Employee

Hey Jeff

I have another customer that has the exact scenario. Were you able to hunt down what that event log error was pointing to? Was there a resolution?

My customer does not have remote access setup, but if it requires getting into the DPT, he will work with me.

Thanks,

Jeff Schlesser
CSE
TAC Engineer
408-527-4204

Anonymous
N/A

We got a list of the message classes that were (we think) causing the problems but it's still in queue waiting for a conversation engineer to wade through the code to see what the problem is.

Definitely have the user track down what messages are tripping us up (i.e. moving them out of the inbox in outlook untill we're happy) and get the message class info.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Anonymous
N/A

I am having this exact problem on two mailbox's we have not moved the users but we have had a few problems with exchange I have those resolved and now I need to get the VM working again. Did you find a resolution to this problem? If so I would appreciate any direction you could give me. We are currently running version 2.4 and build # 2.4.6.135

We were eventually able to fix the problem with Cisco TAC's help. The problem was with a .dll file that needed to be replaced. If you do a search in the Unity Forums on "Failsafe Message when subscribers log in" you should find a forum that discusses this issue and the fix. The two issues seem to be one and the same. I recommend verifying with TAC and Answer Monkey that this is indeed the same issue and that this fix will work in your situation.

Jonathon Moore
Ultra-Newbie
Red Capital Group
jcmoore@redcapitalgroup.com

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content