Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

unable to add current exchange users

Since upgrading to Unity 3.02 from 2.4.6. I have not been able to Import Existing exchnage Users. When I check on the IEEU area it does not find any exchange users. When I do a search by name, alias, etc it does not find any.<br><br>How can I correct theis? I am running exchange 5.5 in a windows 2000 domain with ADC.<br><br><br>

4 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: unable to add current exchange users

Do you not see ANY exchange users when you search or just the guys you're looking for? If you create a test Exchange user in the recipients container of your Exchange 5.5 site, wait a few minutes and then try to find them in the add users page in the SA, does it show up or not? Do you get the same results importing using the bulk import utility (found under the Unity program group) as you do from the SA?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

all users show up in Exchange SA running on Unity machine. Only rooms with no voice mail phones show up in the Unity Exchange search.

I have not ried a buck inport into Unity because I do not want to reset peoples voice mail boxes.

Anonymous
N/A

Not sure I'm following you here...

The BulkImport utility wont show users that are already subscribers (same as the SA) it just lets you import lots of users in one shot instead of one at a time as the SA does. It wont "reset" any standing subscirber.

If the problem is you're trying to import users that were subscribers on the previous system and you hadn't removed their subscriber properties off their mail user records, then you have some options. Is that the case? Did you not run a proper uninstall of the 2.4.6 system prior to installing 3.0 (i.e. remove all the subscriber properties off the standing users)? If that's the case you'll need to clean the subscriber properties off those accounts you now want to import into the 3.0 system.

This is why I was wondering if a new user you just added to Exchange showed up or not... trying to figure out if this is a search scope/filtering issue or if it's something else such as subscriber properties already being on these accounts causing Unity to assume it should leave them alone.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Gold

By any chance do you have quotes around the Exchange site name? There is a defect (CSCdv73752) open on this. An example of a site name that would fail is "Cisco Site" because it has quotes in it.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

Views
Helpful
Replies