Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to config 7905/7910

adham_tahoun
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All

I am trying here to reconfigure two cisco IP-phones to be able to work with Quadro4x PBX, I am going to use SIP Protocol. first of all, I am unable to log in to Network configuration, do I have to connect it to CM it self?Can I do this without being in connected to CM? and can upload the SIP software without using tftp on CM

Appreciate your help

2 Replies 2

b.hsu
Level 5
Level 5

Cisco CallManager is an open and industry-standard call processing system. Cisco CallManager software runs on a Windows 2000 server and sets up and tears down calls between phones, integrating traditional PBX functionality with the corporate IP network. Cisco CallManager manages the components of the IP telephony system?the phones, access gateways, and the resources necessary for such features as call conferencing and route planning.

Try:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_tech_note09186a008009485a.shtml

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I understand that the only way to upgrade a Cisco phone to SIP for use with a third-party proxy is to connect them to CM or CME and do the upgrade as doumented.