cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to configure 7961-G phone

williamka
Level 1
Level 1

Using CM, I am unable to successfully configure 7961G phone while selecting 7961G. If I select Standard 7961 instead of 7961G the configuration is successful. I have in CM device defaults the correct loads for 7961G. While selecting 7961G, the phone obtains an IP address and all other necessary network information. The error I recieve is CTL file not found.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sascha Monteiro
Level 6
Level 6

as far as I know, there are 2 phones

1/ 7961G

2/ 7961G-GE

for 1/ you have to configure 7961,

and for 2/ 7961G-GE

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

gpulos
Level 8
Level 8

do you use certificate trust to authenticate phones in order to register with call manager?

if you do not use certificats, this error should not be a problem.

if you do not use certificates, goto the phone config and make sure there is no CAPF configuration set. (the CTL client copies CAPF certificates to all servers in the cluster)

any other errors or symptoms? what do you mean exactly when you say 'unable to successfully configure'? is it just this one error?

Sascha Monteiro
Level 6
Level 6

as far as I know, there are 2 phones

1/ 7961G

2/ 7961G-GE

for 1/ you have to configure 7961,

and for 2/ 7961G-GE

trouillard
Level 1
Level 1

After you download the firmware image for the 7961g, you mave to restart the tftp service for CCM to serve it up to your phones.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: