cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to delete subsriber

dnmann
Level 1
Level 1

The Unity Import Utility hung in the middle of a user. Now when I try to access that subsciber in Unity, it tells me it couldn't find the call handler associated with that subscriber so the subscriber is invalid. Unity does not seem to want to let me delte the user either so I can recreate it or reimport it. How can I go about deleting this user?<br><br>

4 Replies 4

Not applicable

sounds like the primary call handler for the user didn't get created properly and you're left in a limbo state. I'd do a couple things. First, you can run the Remove Subscriber Properties tool off AnswerMonkey (shipping with 3.1(4) coming soon) to remove the subscriber properties off the mail user in the directory. Then run dbWalker to be sure there aren't any orphaned call handlers hanging around for this guy and remove them if necessary. Then you should be able to import that user from the directory again.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Ok, I ran remove subscriber properties, and then dbwalker and there was an error for this subscriber. The log tells me to select "remove subscriber properties for users with no primary call handler" and then I will be able to reimport, but that option is greyed out in dbwalker. What now?

Not applicable

the option is gray because you can't automatically remove properties from stranded subscribers using dbWalker in 3.x. You'll need to do it manually using the "Remove Subscriber Properties" tool.

Since you've done that already, wait for a bit and the monitor should remove the reference to that guy from SQL for you (no more than 10 minutes should be necessary). If it doesn't do that, you'll need to pop open SQL and go delete that guy out of the subscriber table. It shouldn't be necessary, though... the monitor should pick it up for you.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Well, it didn't seem to go away on it's own so I went into the SQL table and delted the row that that subscriber was in. Then I was able to successfully reimport. Thanks.