cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to delete user

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I cannot delete a user since the mailbox information is incomplete. The exact error is: "Unable to load the call handler associated with the subscriber JF. This subscriber's data is incomplete and the subscriber is therefore invalid." After this comes up, I am able to view the mailbox but I cannot delete it.<br><br>

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

sounds like you have a mail user in your directory that's still marked as a subscriber but the corresponding primary call handler is gone. This typically happens (though not always) if a Unity server is removed at some point and reinstalled later without running an uninstall to clear off user properties from the mail user account.

You can try using the dbWalker application on my web site to clean it off and then re add it as a subscriber. You'll need to check the option at the top to remove stranded subscribers.

I'm assuming this is a 2.4.x system and not a 3.0... the option to remove stranded subscribers is not there for 3.0 since the primary call handler information is no longer in the shared directory for me to check against.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: