cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to forward into voicemail (with more detail)

pmaglinger
Level 1
Level 1

Running Unity 2.4.6.161 with a Centrex system. We used to be able to forward a caller directly into voicemail by placing the caller on hold, then dialing Unity (which takes you to sign-in), then pressing * (which used to take you to opening greeting), then entering the extension and hanging (which effectively takes the caller directly to the voicemail). Since re-installing Unity (due to a baaaad experience with ADC) we have lost this ability. Now when we call Unity it asks for password, when you hit *, it asks for your ID. If you hit it a third time, it hangs up. Transfer is set up to go directly to the greeting. Any ideas how to get this back? I don't see "Sign-in" listed under the call handlers, so how do I change the * to go to the opening greeting?

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You asked this question on another thread and I responded a few days ago - not sure if you're looking for a better answer or didn't want to continue that thread or what...

There's a couple of ways to handle this - short story I believe you can hit "#" when it asks for the ID and that takes you to the subscriber sign in - that changed along the way (I didn't think till 3.x).

You have a number of other ways to handle this - here's links to a few tech tips that discuss your options:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00800dea82.shtml

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a008015b963.shtml

Apologies, Jeff. I thought from the previous thread that you need more information. I provided more but didn't see a reply and thought you might have missed it.

I can't access those links you provided. I sent an email to web-help@cisco.com to see if they can give me access.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: