cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to Forward Voicemail from Octel to Unity

craig.wong
Level 1
Level 1

I have Unity 3.1(5), Unity Bridge 2.1(1), and Exchange 2000. I am able to forward voicemails from Unity subscribers to Octel users by number or name, but not from Octel users to Unity subscribers. The message leaves Octel and I see it call in successfully to the Brooktrout ports. I also see messages in the \vpim\internet\out\tmp folder, but no Octel voicemails ever appear on my phone or Exchange Inbox.

Do I need to set up anything additional on my Exchange 2000 server or on the Active Directory Users?

During the installation of the Exchange Voice Connector, I only selected the Bridge option. Should I select the Voice option also?

The Unity Bridge Event Viewer displays this yellow warning message:

Source: Digital Networking

Event ID: 109

Can't deliver: from 7000@bridgeserver to 5000@unityserver

7000 is Octel user and 5000 is Unity subscriber.

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

joconnors
Level 1
Level 1

Sounds like the Bridge is not able to deliver to the w2k smtp server. Check out the vpim.*.log and look for the smtp commands. Look for something about 'can't relay for...' or something like that. Verify that you've got the Unity SMTP mail suffix properly configured in the Unity Node page on the Bridge - it has to match the exchange smtp recipient policy.

adam.farrell
Level 1
Level 1

I would check out the Unity Networking Handbook. It has a troubleshooting flow chart that I have found very useful. I can usually track down a problem in a couple of minutes by following it.

Adam